To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Beginnings and Explanations...

I kept promising myself that I would start this blog thingie once I got back to Santa Fe. But I feel compleled to write so I am gonna write. This all started with the discovery of another blog in which I was viciously slandered by one whom I had loved. In plain English and dramatics aside my ex-boyfriend felt the need to write about me in his blog. He plublished my name and wrote about his pain. It hurt to read those lines because what he could say to anonimous thousands he could not say to me. But that got me thinking because I had things in the works; I had plans for myself. The main thing that I decided to do was join the Peace Corps and serve my wonky nation overseas. And I thought that this blog busness would be an excellent way of communicating to my friends and family my experiences in a foreign country. Hopefully they will have an internet cafe or something where I am going and I can tell all of you how I am doing and how I miss simple things like toilet paper. Then you all can comment and lavish me with praises and tell me how cosy you are with all your modern amenities.

I suppose anyone could read this if they wanted to or if they stumbled across it. I intend though to only give this URL to my closest of friends and family. To anyone else who does not know me it would seem like boring chatter I guess. But mostly I plan on using it to muse a bit while I am here in the US and then to express myself and communicate while I am overseas.

I have been 100% accepted into the Peace Corps. Where they send me I have no clue yet, though it looks like it will be Morocco or Jordan. I have about 3 more months here in Carlsbad and then another 6 weeks in Santa Fe. I am really looking foreward to going home. I really have not been home since I left it at 18 and I miss my chicas, my two bellydancin' soul sisters! You babes know who you are and we are gonna live it up whilst I am back! Plus my mom is letting me stay in one of her houses rent free so I will have my own space and a place to call home. It will be a refreshing time of rest and relaxation and serious hedonisim before I depart to a stuffy Islamic nation.

Enough for now though....I have other places to be than at this keyboard and infront of this screen............

M