To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Peace Corps Update: ASSIGNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally Finally!!! I got my assignment!! I am going to ................ MONGOLIA .............

Holy crap. Mongolia? What the heck? I know nothing about Mongolia, other than Genghis Khan was a super scary guy and the Chinese built the Great Wall to keep the Mongol hordes out. Oh yeah they like to drink goats milk in Mongolia and it is really fricken COLD! Ooh and the nomads (hey wait this blog is named To be a Nomad...Holy Crap!!) yeah the Nomads live in tents and follow herds or something..... oohhh head is spinning.......

For those of you who had fears of me being targeted by Islamic radical fundamentalists...well I am pretty sure that will not happen in Mongolia. The more I think about it the more I realize that this assignment may have had more to do with me being a celiac than asthmatic. I bet the staple grain in that part of the world is rice rather than wheat. Hmmmm.........

I will be training high school teachers and college professors in English. Meaning I will be teaching them how to teach English....or something...I need to read my literature more in depth as I was so excited I had to post on my blog.

Oh yeah...I will be leaving much sooner than expected. June 3rd. By the Middle of June I will be living in Mongolia.......... Gods...........

M