To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Walking Goddess Ocean

I was finally able to walk along the shore as I used to do where I live quite often. However, with the onset of winter I got sick and then it rained off and on for weeks and then I was sick again and unable to walk. But today it was sunny and warm and beautiful and I walked for an hour on her wonderous shores. It was simply amazing. I hope that where ever the Peace Corps sends me it will be by the sea because I love it so much. As I walked I made a point to look at every face I passed and smile. I just wanted to touch each face and look into everyone's eyes and see what was there. Some people smiled back, some did not. Some ignored me some and some gave me dirty looks for invading their eyes. Some grinned and said hello. Some looked angry and some looked sad. The people were mostly in exercise clothes, all shapes and sizes. Every age from mommy's and their babies to couples to soldiers to old men and women. There were kids on skates and people walking their dogs. I looked at them all and smiled at them all. I am enraptured by humanity, it interests me.

I then looked at her. Glorious Goddess Ocean. I breathed her in, felt her breath on my cheeks, heard her voice crashing. I just felt bigger and bigger and bigger. She whispered to me as I stood there amongst the people walking and then they were all gone. Gone were the people and the dogs and the chatter of children and the cars passing by. All gone but the me and the ocean. Endless depths. Secrets. Dreams. The dark time has passed for now. It will come again she reminded me but for now I can listen to her and her tales....

My heart is so full of love today. I am creating. I am in love. I am love. I am all the things I love in life.

M