To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Found a cure for leprosy and was kissed by a Goddess

It is the most amazing thing. See I have very sensitive skin and my body reacts to stress by breaking out in rashes. Yucky I know. However, it is interesting to observe that my body breaks out due to stress from food (as in bad food) and also emotional stress. I had begun to get these horrible rashes again. I know what I am allergic to and do not eat those foods so I could not understand why I was getting these rashes. Thought that perhaps it was coffee but it turns out to be stress. After quitting my job on Friday I have noticed that the rash on my hand has almost gone completely away. Amazing. To let go of so much stress... to let it go. My hand is better than it has been in months. What amazing machines our bodies are. And it is amazing to see how detrimental stress really is. I was literally dying in my job and in my life here. The only thing that made all of this chaos and pain worthwhile is my Feri community and Sensei Dom. What a trial it has been to live here. I will be happy to leave it all behind.

So now I am decompressing. Gonna take care of my body and do art and condense my life for moving. I have a lot to go through but I am all about letting go. I have never had a problem with letting go. Material things just weight us down, keep us from the things that are really important like connection, and experience and love.

Earlier today I went for a walk by the sea, was kissed by a Goddess.

Her breath the wind from the sea,
Several mysteries she told to me.
Foam born and mistress of desire,
She told me we would conspire.
Her windy breath played on my thighs,
Erotic moments filled my eyes.
Careful child our blood runs hot,
Not all can stand our gaze or touch,
For them the fire is still too much.
So I walk still by the sea and in the sand,
Knowing the wine of contentment is poured by my own hand.
Mistress I want to learn,
It is your kiss that makes me yearn.
Show your seeking daughter the way,
And I will cry your name from dark until the break of day.

M