Potential
I have been thinking a lot about potential. And I have been thinking about my little intro into this blog. I say..."we are only limited by our lack of imagination and our own fear"... or some such line. This has of course been going through my head a lot lately. Mostly because I am making a life changing choice and stepping into the unknown. Part of this process is very scary but it is also very liberating. I know that there is more out there for me than I can imagine. I am not a robot who's destiny is to work to pay rent or to obey some overlord. I have also been noticing how many people in my life and in the world limit themselves because of fear. They make up all kinds of excuses for why they are looping in their patterns. "Poor me", or " I could never do that" , or "it's my lot in life". They choose the cooshy easy path filled with comfort, they do not want their world to be rocked. Yet they crave that change, though they seek it mostly in the form of another person. The desire for someone to come along and save them or my favorite.... true white picket fence love. The idea that another person is your missing piece and can "make you happy". How can you have a good relationship with another human being if you enter into that relationship broken and hurt?
Potential. We all have it. We all have talent and gifts and the human right to persue our dreams and reach for those stars. Pain and adversity show us what we are made of. These challenges temper our spirits so that we can rise like a fiery pheonix from our ashes to better ourselves. I have no patence for laziness or for those who numb out. Our television culture teaches us to be afraid of everything right outside our doors. There is an incredible beautiful world out there, so much to be explored. And from my experience most people desire a better life and happiness and they are not all bomb wielding terrorists hell bent on killing Americans. Sorry Department of Home Land Security......Bad on you!!
I don't know I just get really excited when I see people striving, even if it is a struggle. Perhaps it is the teacher in my blood but I want everyone to persue their dreams. Yeah mabey I am living in an idyllic fantasy but it is better than sitting on my ass flipping channels and being told what to think.
M
p.s. I just want to say Thank you to Robert my step dad. You are my hero in many ways. You faced so much adversity in your life and so many challenges but you always kept reaching. You took care of us all and you always strived to be the best you could be in both body and mind! Blessings and Love to you!

<< Home