To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Blessed Be and Mazel Tov!!

I have posted some pictures from my friends Adam and Malendia's wedding which was held on May 1st. It was a small intimate wedding and so lovely. It was held in a botanical garden and the ceremony was a blend of Pagan and Jewish traditions. I thought it was wonderful and I got quite sappy and teary eyed at various parts of the ceremony.

Afterwards we all headed to a nice restaurant on the beach where we ate and drank and ate some more and drank even more. There was a nice band and it was a wonderful time. I of course danced with every one I could possibly dance with. After all the big, ridiculous weddings that I have worked the past two years at my old job this small humble wedding really warmed my heart. It was the first sincere ritual of two people making a commitment that I have been to in a very long time. It is obvious that Adam and Malendia are very much in love and that statement coming from someone who is as jaded as I am says a lot. If I ever do marry I would have a personal ritual and only the closest of family and friends. No hoopla, no frivality, no show. Just the person who I love and the commitment we are making in the company of our family and friends. It was absolutely beautiful and I had a wonderful time. All the guests were down to earth, most of whom were Pagan, and the nicest of people. I mean come on what could not be more fun than a Pagan/Jewish wedding!?

M