To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Packing !!

So I am taking a mini break to write in the blog while I can. There is still so much to do but it is alright we are ahead of schedual and have done so much already. I have given away both to Good Will and the other Feri students tons of stuff. I had to go through all of my ritual supplies and I kept only my tools and various important items all of the extra candles, oils, herbs and incenses were donated to the beginner class and my teacher! Score for them!!

I have gotten rid of so much and will get rid of much more as well. Some things are easier to let go of than others. But really when I think of it we are not our things. We are so much more than our things or our clothes or the make-up we put on our bodies. It is amazing how these "things" make us feel safe or express who we are or add to a particular "mask" that we decide to wear. I can only bring the things that are the most important to my survival for clothing to Mongolia. Just a few things really and a few things for comfort and for the familiarity of home. But really I have to strip away the layers of things. The culture of things to get to the core of who I am. It is hard because we put such value on things in in this culture. I have cried already at the so called loss of some of my things. Loss by choice. There are no victims here and by my Will I choose to let go of old things so that I can experience new things. It is difficult but well worth it.

So back to packing.....blehhh.....

M