Peace Corps new assignment
So it has been a tumultious few weeks of not knowing and going through the ringer with my life. I suppose that happens at times and it is experiences like these that challenge us and allow us to grow. See I am a perpetual optimist. Anyhow I recieved a new assignment. I actually was given a choice as to where I wanted to go. Normally volunteers are not given a choice but since they f**ked up that is what they did. My choices were South Africa or Bangladesh. I chose to stay in Aisa and picked Bangladesh. I will be teaching High School English there. It is a much harder assignment than Mongolia because there is so much poverty and anger and suffering there. However, I think that it will challenge me more and I will be able to learn much about the human condition and rip apart the American veil that shelters us to believe that things are not as terrible as they seem. We are so blind in this country it makes me sad.
Anyway, I had my birthday party last Sunday. It was at my mom's house and I invited all of my friends and family to come. I was a really nice chill party and I had a wonderful time with my loved ones. I got a lot of nice gifts and some moola to buy gear with.
I will keep you all posted as to my Peace Corps progress. And thank you for all of your support!!
M

<< Home