A Quickie....
Yes I am back to the internet cafe.... woo hoo twice in one week! Well I am ditching a class.... shhhhhh don't tell Peace Corps. They might ship me back to America. And that would be bad why? Ok So I wanted to address an issue that people keep asking me so here it is in bold:
Send all letters and packages to the Main Peace Corps office in Dhaka. This will be my address for the remainder of my service here. The address is located in the blog titled "logistics". Peace Corps will courier all letters and packages to my site in Moluvibazar. Sending mail to Dhaka is the best way to ensure nothing gets lost.
So yeah I am well. I am just super busy as usual and stressed but hey. Last night I left the light on in my bedroom while I was watching a movie. (my host family has a tv). And when I went back in there were hundreds of bugs!!! They were attracted to the light and my room was moving and swarming. Yay the tropics. Bangladesh: 1 Maya: 0. So I had to turn the light off and wait half an hour for them to leave then go sweep what was left off of my bed.
My Bangla language is getting better I am happy to say. I can sort of communicate and I got an intermediate score on my mock language test. Though I think the test is skewed. Anyway, if any of you have the money or the cajones to come visit me you are welcome to. (This invite is extended to friends and family that I know and not internet stalkers). REally if you are adventurous and want to experience a real 3rd world country (Mexico is not the 3rd world FYI) you can come and stay with me. I will do the hard work of dealing with the populace and making sure you dont get scammed. Also you can stay with me and we can do things like sweat and get mosquito bites. Che and my mom are already planning to come. Peace Corps lets me have visitors.
So I have been getting out of eating dinner. When the Muslims break fast of Ramadan each night they eat what is called "Iftar". It is a snack of special yummy food. Actually they gorge themselves on fried food and sweets. But it is pretty good. So I eat the Iftar and am too stuffed to eat the dinner. Bangladesh: 0 Maya: 1.
Alrighty... gotta go but I will be back soon to make more weekly reports. In 6 days I go for site visit and will let you know how that went. I am excited.
Kisses
M

<< Home