To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

All important patterns are spirals

"We have not even to risk the adventure alone; for the heros of all time have gone before us; the labryinth is thoroughly known; we have only to follow the thread of the hero path. And where we thought to find an abomination, we shall find a God; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existance; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world." J.C.

Can you find beauty in utter depravity?
Do you have the strength to look inward?
Be lover to Demons and Shadows?
Work through the pain and uncertanty?
Follow a spiral path?
Ask the question?
What is freedom really?
What is your tollerance limit?
Can you push past that limit?
What are your boundaries?
Have you thought about what you truly want?

.......................

Is this the quiet before the storm?

.......................

It is quiet here... for now. There is a torrent beneath the surface. 11 more of us are leaving. Funny thing is that I have learned how to dance here. Even here they cannot stop me from dancing. I am renting an apartment in 3 weeks or so. It is really nice. Big and spacious with latticed Moroccan style window shutters. I will make it my refuge. My sanctuary. Life must be filled with beauty even in places like this. If beauty is forgotten then we are just mindless automatons. Asthetic. Golden Age. Its a balance really; on a knifes edge. My students are begining to ask questions. They are getting braver. Today is Solstice. Dead time of the year.... Gods are sleeping. Time for reflection and introspection. I thought to do this utterly alone in Mongolia. I must learn to be alone with all the people in the world looking at me. Christmas is aproaching too and I have plans for that. BoroDin it is called here. I will be in the jungle for 3 days. I will listen to its voice see what it has to say to me.

Spirals all are spirals. From DNA to our galaxy.... all spiraling in pattern. Did you ever look at a city from an airoplane and notice how it looks almost identical to computer circuit boards? Or how rivers from the air look like the very veins in your body?

So many thoughts... so many questions..... They are easier to ponder when you are not caught in your distractions.


Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas

M