To be a Nomad...

My journal of travel first back to home in New Mexico and then across the seas in the Peace Corps.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Shopping!

Went shopping today in Albuquerque with my benefactor who has so graciously agreed to outfit my Peace Corp experience...aka. grandma. We went to several shops where I got a couple Nalgene water bottles in girly pink and purple. A Juice Leatherman again in girly purple, some rain ponchos, a sleeping bag, a super hardcore 3rd world country water purifier, iodine tablets just incase, some hard core 40% DEET mosquito repellent, and various other odds and ends. I still need more things but could get them here cheaper. The camping stores we went to were so awesome, I got rid of all my camping gear in college but mark my words I will eventually resupply myself.

All in all it was a pretty nice day. I have gotten more info from the Peace Corps and I am busily trying to get all of my shit together. I have also been talking to various other volunteers who are going with me in my group. They are all super excited. I however am not. I am still really dissapointed about Mongolia. And I am not happy about going to a country that is this anti-American, but hey pretty much every country is anti-American so mabey I should stop bitching. It is just going to be so much more challenging which is what the Peace Corps is supposed to be I guess. Its funny too because everyone has their opinion about the Peace Corps which I really do not care to hear people! I am trying to prepair myself the best ways that I know how and it is not easy for me to be here in Santa Fe. I am glad to be in the Peace Corps but this waiting, waiting, waiting is driving me nuts. So what to do....? Well.... There is a new zombie movie out tonight and those of you who know me know that I am a zombie fan. The movie is of course made by the Lord of the Zombies himself....George A. Romero. Consequently I found out recently that one of my ex-boyfriends from way back now works on B-Rate horror and Zombie movies. Interesting.

M