Thank you Bacchus and family connections
So my Baltimore meeting was a complete success. I met with Dr. Colwell and her assistant Dr. Huq and we went over the in's and outs of Bangladeshi life for Americans. But more importantly we went over the sari water filter techniques that Dr. Colwell and her assisants have implemented. They were excited about my proposition of networking Peace Corps volunteers with the research facility there in order to have a broader outreach. I am in the process of setting up meetings with the medical staff in Bangladesh. I am really excited about the work that I am doing and cannot wait to get started. I am also flattered that Dr. Colwell actually met with me as well, she is booked solid until 2007. The research center has saved thousands of lives especially those of children. You can read up more on the research center in Bangladesh here:
www.icddrb.org
And on a more hedonistic note I went to the SCA event 'Lonely Mountain' this weekend after flying in from Baltimore. It was so awesome and I must say I had an absolutely wonderful time and oh yeah I must say to a certain someone.... la purrrrrrrrrr!!.......(you know who you are).
I really have missed playing in the SCA and really must get back into it when I return home. But then again Lonely Mountain has always been one of my favorite events. I danced and danced of course and it was wonderous. Had a good time with my chicas Cathy and Erin. Even though Erin went on a bender and made herself quite sick. Hee Hee! Better you than me babe. Yep I have been a very naughty girl. Thank the Gods. Until the next event........
M

<< Home